1/6 Tintype Photo ID'd Civil War Confederate Soldier POW Died At Camp Douglas
William was born in Kentucky in 1840 and fought in the Civil War, 6th or 7th? According to the genealogy site Ancestry as well as, "The Genealogy and History of the Shreve Family from 1641" by. At some point he was captured and died in Camp Douglas, "The North's Andersonville", in 1863. Tintype is in half of a case, behind mat and cover glass.
It is in very good or better antique condition with a couple of small mat abrasions. More Civil War images in my webstore.. See the last image in this listing for info.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, Sweden, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Israel, New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Croatia, Republic of, Bermuda, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Iceland, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco.
- Antique: Yes
- Photo Type: Tintype
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Military, Military & Political
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Tintype
- Year of Production: 1860s
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Theme: Americana, Art, Conflicts & Wars, History
- Featured Refinements: Civil War Tintype
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Tintype
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States